This privacy notice explains in detail the type of information we, Bytronic collect, store and how we safeguard your details. Please read the following privacy notice to understand how your information will be treated when you contact us via email, telephone or to a member of our sales team directly.
What personal Data does Bytronic collect?
Bytronic collects information from you when you provide it to us directly, or through our website form, for example:
- This may include your name, contact details, your company name, address, department and information about your role in the company. (We do not keep any details of any other personal nature).
- Transaction, billing and delivery information, if you make a purchase with us or we make a purchase with you.
- Records of your interactions with us, e.g. if you send email or contact through our website, ask a technical question, report a problem or otherwise contact us.
- If you interact with one of our sales team directly.
How and why does Bytronic use your information?
Depending on how you contact Bytronic, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To send you a quotation or fulfil an order and/or provide you with the services you have contacted us for.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints or technical issues.
- To process payments from customers or to suppliers.
- To send you marketing product information, updates, new product releases that are relevant to your company/institute.
- To protect you or our business from fraud and any other illegal activities.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Following Legal Bases we rely on
- Your data will need to be processed and is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, or we have made a purchase with you, we use your personal data to process the payment or fulfil your order).
- Because it is in the legitimate interests of Bytronic and your company, where you are submitting orders on your company’s behalf.
- Because it is in Bytronic Limited legitimate interests as an educational provider, we may use your data to maintain and promote our services.
Who does Bytronic share my personal information with?
Bytronic Limited will not share any of your personal details unless otherwise specified by yourself. We may share your details if granted in situations such as:
- Working on a project with Bytronic where other third parties are involved.
- Dealing with a technical issue that requires third party involvement.
- Dealing with suppliers that may require third party involvement.
- Giving information to couriers for despatch of goods or collection of goods.
Bytronic may also disclose personal information in cases where we believe the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Bytronic, our customers, employees or the public, or where we are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
How does Bytronic store my personal information, and how long for?
We keep your personal information for long as necessary for the purpose it was collected and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, where you have made a purchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes.
Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
What does Bytronic do to protect my personal information?
In order to ensure the security and protection of your personal details whenever you submit any sensitive information such as account details, we use the following security methods:
All your information is stored on a password protected encrypted server.
We regularly maintain and monitor our systems for any viruses, or malicious activity.
How does Bytronic use my personal information for marketing?
Bytronic may send you emails, we may occasionally send you direct mail about products that we feel may be of interest to you.
It is likely that these marketing messages will be updated products or new products.
If you no longer want to hear from us, at any time you can:
- Unsubscribe from emails by clicking on the link in each email.
- Email us at: email@example.com asking us to unsubscribe you.
- Contact us via +44 (0) 3456 123 155 with the relevant details.
What are your rights to your personal information?
You can contact us at any time via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us between 9am to 5pm Mon-Fri (Except bank holidays) on +44 (0) 3456 123 155
You have the right to access, the personal data free of charge.
You have the right to correct, and request the erasure of your personal data, and Bytronic will comply with any requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable law.
For questions regarding this privacy notice or how we use your personal data, please contact us at:
+44 (0) 3456 123 155 Between 9am to 5pm, Mon-Fri (Except bank holidays)
You are also entitled to contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal information.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time in order to reflect changes in the law, regulatory guidance or our data privacy practices in compliance with the law. When this happens and where required by law, we will provide you with a new or an updated notice detailing how the use of your personal information is changing and, if necessary, obtain your consent for the further processing.
Please see attached link for a downloadable copy of our (PDF) Privacy Notice